TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Configure Bing Maps Autosuggest on Model Driven Forms
- Working with Advanced Settings
- Visual Example in a Model Driven Form
- Assign the required security privileges to users
Configure Bing Maps Autosuggest on Model Driven Forms
Considerations for this article
- In the Power Apps Maker Portal, find the solution containing the entities and forms for which you want to configure Bing Maps Autocomplete control.
- Open the Account table, and find the form you want to use Address Autocomplete on
- Open the form you want to edit and click on “Switch to classic” in the command bar
- In the classic configuration screen, add the Address Street Line 1 of the form and click on Change Properties in the ribbon to access the Field Properties screen.
- In the “Display” area, uncheck the “Display label on form” checkbox
- Next go the Controls Tab and add the control named "Sharp XRM - Bing Maps Autocomplete" and select the devices where you want the control to be displayed.
- Once you have selected the control of your choice, you provide a value for required properties (identified with a * in the table below); all the other properties are not mandatory :
Property Description Field Type API Configuration Name * This refers to your API Configuration unique record name, as indicated here. Static Text Value Advanced Setting ID If you are using Advanced Control Settings, you need to put the Identifier of your Advance Setting record here. Static Text Value Display Address Fields The control can display the address fields under the address search control. Set the value to YES to display these fields. This is a legacy feature.
We recommend setting the value to NO and displaying individual address fields yourself.
Single Line of Text Street * Column where you want to store the street address. Single Line of Text Unit Number Column where you want to store the Unit or Suite number.
Note : Bing Maps Autocomplete does not return unit numbers. You can leave this field empty.
Single Line of Text City * Column where you want to store the city. Single Line of Text State * Column where you want to store the state or province name. Single Line of Text Zip / Postal Code Column where you want to store the postal code. Single Line of Text Country * Column where you want to store the country.
Note : the country is defaulted to its long name. If you want an ISO2 version, see the Advanced Control Settings section.
Single Line of Text County Column where you want to store the county. Single Line of Text Full address Column where you want to store the fully formatted address as a single line of text. Leave empty is you do not need this. Single Line of Text Latitude Column where you want to store the latitude. Floating Point Number Longitude Column where you want to store the longitude.Floating Point Number
- Click OK, save the form and publish it.
- Open your account and test your control
Working with Advanced Settings
Advanced Control Settings allow administrators to configure additional parameters for the address autocomplete control. These parameters are useful for organizations that require their state or provinces to be captured in a specific format. For example, if ISO2 country codes are required, it can be specified in the advanced settings.
*** Country ISO3 is not available with Bing Maps Autocomplete. Selecting this value will return the ISO2 Code.
Important Note : these parameters are saved on your end-users' local cache. If you make changes to them, they will need to clear their browser cache for them to be reflected in their usage of Bing Maps autocomplete in Dataverse.
Visual Example in a Model Driven Form
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article